K-League weak teams rebel one after another…Water Puddle Stadium’s Unexpected Event

After a weekend of heavy rains across the country, the Korean League of Professional Football (K League) saw a series of upsets due to underwater battles. Underdogs defeated strong teams in stadiums with water puddles, and soccer fans went wild.

Chungnam Asan won a dramatic 4-3 victory at home against FC Anyang in the 31st round of the Hana OneQ K League 2 (2nd Division) 2023 at Asan Sunshin Stadium on the 17th.

Asan, which had suffered three consecutive defeats, was on the brink of defeat in the match. Leading 2-1 in the first half, Asan was hit with two goals in quick succession by Anyang to fall behind 2-3.먹튀검증

The rain grew thicker and puddles formed all over the field. As the water pooled, the ball could not roll properly. It was beginning to look like the game would end and Anyang would jump from mid-table to the top, but Asan refused to give up.

In the 44th minute, Song Seung-min flicked the ball toward the doorway with his head and Park Dae-hoon caught it, but the trapping was long. It would have gone towards the goalkeeper, but the water slowed it down significantly. Park Dae-hoon quickly ran in and kicked the ball in with his left foot. The score was tied at 3-3.

Asan managed to turn the game around. In the 45th minute, Park Sung-woo made a high clearance in his own half. The ball landed near the Anyang penalty box, bounced heavily, and went over Anyang goalkeeper Park Sung-soo’s head and into the goal. The game ended with a victory for Asan.

The previous day, there was also an upset in the First Division. Bottom-ranked Gangwon FC defeated traditional powerhouse Jeonbuk Hyundai 3-1 away from home as they look to break into the top half of the table.

Gangwon went into halftime with a 2-1 lead, but the odds were in favor of Jeonbuk equalizing. Indeed, Jeonbuk unleashed a wave of attacks, led by Moon Sun-min, with the home crowd cheering them on.

Just when it seemed like it was only a matter of time before Jeonbuk scored, the rain started to fall heavily. Toward the end of the second half, it rained harder and harder, creating puddles everywhere. Dribbling and passing were impossible as the ball did not roll properly.

While Jeonbuk’s passing play was blocked, Kang Won took advantage of the puddles to score a wedge goal. In the 30th minute of the second half, Shin Min-woo made a roving pass to Kim Dae-won in the doorway. The ball suddenly stood up due to the impact of the puddle. After winning the ball, Kim Dae-won hit a right-footed shot. The ball hit Jeonbuk’s Ahn Hyun-beom’s leg, touched the ground, bounced heavily, and slammed into the goal over goalkeeper Jung Min-ki’s height. The game ended with a victory for Gangwon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *